KAPE’s Mission is:
Working Together to Promote Excellence for Kentucky Students and Schools
To promote professionalism in the field of education:
• By creating a professional organization for educators;
• By providing resources for educators to assist educators in providing the best education for the
• By keeping educators informed about current issues, trends and developments in education.
To assist the association members to meet their responsibilities and duties to the children entrusted to them:
• Promoting students’ best interest;
• By promoting seminars, workshops and professional development opportunities for educators for
• By promoting cooperation among teachers, administrators, support staff and parents. To promote
• By providing a professional peer group for educators;
• By providing assistance and support to educators involved in employment-related issues and
• By acquiring liability insurance for educators.
• KAPE is not organized for pecuniary gain or profit.
• KAPE is prohibited from engaging in activities contrary to the purpose for which it is organized.
• KAPE shall not promote any strike, work stoppage or work slow down by educators.
• KAPE shall not endorse or financially support and political candidate for local, state or federal
• KAPE shall not endorse or financially support social issues; however, members of the association